Provisioning mobile and digital payments through the use of tokens minimizes the risk of fraudulent use of data if the device or account is compromised. Visa Token Service is based on the EMVCo payment tokenization standard and aligns with EMV technology—the global requirement for secure payments that also protects businesses from fraud liability.
Visa Token Service can help you build and maintain your digital payment experiences while protecting consumers’ sensitive information from fraud.
Why Visa Token Service
Keep up with the future of digital payments
As more consumers make purchases using a mobile device, the payments industry must deliver a safe and simple purchase experience no matter the location or device.
Three turnkey tools
Visa Token Service comprises three turnkey parts: token management services, Visa Token Vault and Visa Risk Manager.
Token management services
- Service Enrollment: Enroll and configure your digital credit and debit products into the token service.
- Provisioning: Deliver tokens to authorized internet-connected devices and mobile applications for payment.
- Lifecycle Management: Suspend, resume or delete tokens in the payment network and on devices.
- Active Key Management: Access security and controls including domain restrictions.
- Card Metadata Manager: Manage the card data and art presented to consumers.
- Reporting: Analyze and gain insights from performance metrics and operational performance.
Visa Token Vault
Store tokens and their domain restrictions in a secure digital vault, and links tokens to a cardholder’s PAN for payment processing.
Visa Risk Manager
Place controls on digital credit and debit products that enable you to respond faster to emerging fraud schemes and stop high-risk transactions.
Get started with the Visa Digital Enablement Program
Visa’s Digital Enablement Program provides streamlined access to Visa Token Service. Issuers can start offering a wide variety of digital payment options—including Android Pay and Samsung Pay—as they become available.
Q + A
Answers to commonly asked questions about Visa Token Service.
You may also be interested in
Tap into a new breed of merchants who represent a rapidly growing opportunity in mPOS.